Did you ever just want to stop moving forward? Feel like you are just spinning your wheels but not gaining traction? Are you the person that is bringing your team down or do you work with someone who is bringing you down? Are you resentful in the office or in your job search?
This type of attitude makes me crazy. I really can’t comprehend it and see know real place for it therefore the following may be a bit harsh, so if you aren’t in the mood for a push this morning, I would stop here.
This is a get off your tail and do something about it or stop complaining and get to work message brought to you by me! We are all tired, depressed, miserable, etc… somedays, but not every day, not even the majority of the time we are at work, that is just ridiculous! Whether we are gainfully employed, in between jobs, one of the 99ers, or nearing retirement we all have the ability to feel this way. We need to feel all types of things, that is what makes us human beings, but this type of mentality is toxic for everyone.
Being/living in this state of mind is like calling in sick when you aren’t really sick (unless you have strep or mono). Some people just need to look or act miserable to compete with the angry, disatisfied person next to them or they feel like they some how got shorted so now it is just their way of “getting back” but getting back at who? What kind of point does this prove?
STOP THE BLAME GAME.
- First of all the blame game isn’t a game at all, it is just ridiculous.
- If you are negative about your search, your former employer, your colleague, your career, IT SHOWS
- You can’t move forward if you are living in the past
- Companies want to hire more than just a talented person, they want to hire someone who will contribute to their culture in a positive way. They already have the burnt out miserable, I am ready to retire person position filled.
- You don’t get a promotion for showing up and doing your job that is what a paycheck is for
- Colleague, boss, client, etc… under your skin? do more than turn the other cheek, kill ‘em with kindness
- If you really aren’t happy, you are the only person who can change your situation SO DO IT
- Understand that your hobbies & friends are different than your colleagues, bosses and job description
- Carry yourself as if you would like to work for you
- If you really need a break, take one. But while you are on that break don’t sit and mope or sleep all day, make it a point to get motivated with something that makes you feel good.
- Remember: If it was easy everyone would be doing it (IMPORTANT TO NOTE)
- If you really don’t want to change, see the problems only exist in others or see nothing to improve within yourself, well you are exactly the reason why others get promoted.
It is more than being positive, you have to discover what is getting in the way of your success and many times we are in our own way. The good news is that you don’t have far to look, the bad news is it is easier and safer to blame the outside world or others.